That bison on the prairies of the US lived on grass and despite vast numbers did not cause the harm commonly associated with cows.
- Bison don’t eat all of the grass that they graze on, cows do.
- Bison roam so spread their manure far and wide, cows require and stay around their water source - and this causes many problems with
- Bison can survive in both freezing and arid conditions
- Bison can eat a very varied diet.
- Bison aren’t ‘good eating’, and are extremely hard to ‘farm’.
- Bison are saving America’s Lost Prarie - in a similar way to